Djokovic wins WTF 2013
Novak Djokovic has won the WTF 2013, beating world number 1 Rafael Nadal 6-3, 6-4.
The Serbian got off to a quick start, leading 3-0.
But Nadal, who has never won the WTF, fought his way back into the match with his retrieving athleticism.
Nadal’s serve though was not good enough against the game’s best returner. Djokovic, on a 21 match winning streak since Beijing, won another streak of 3 games to take the first set 6-3.
Playing at the net, making 19 approaches in all compared to 6 from Nadal, and coping well with the low bounce, the world number 2 then broke early in the second.
And while Nadal managed to hold his serve for the remainder of the match, Djokovic was too solid and served out for the match at 5-4.
A Nadal forehand error on match point saw Djokovic win his third WTF title and his fourth tournament in a row indoors.
Latest posts by Christian Deverille (see all)
- Playing the Waiting Game - July 11, 2020
- Australian Open 2020 Men’s Singles Preview - January 19, 2020
- Fantasy Australian Open 2020: At least 1,276 GBP/1,500 Euro in prizes! - January 18, 2020
- ATP Cup Day 10 Final Notes - January 13, 2020
- ATP Cup Day 9 Notes - January 11, 2020